Serves 4-5, great breakfast meal though it takes a while to prepare. Breakfast for dinner anyone?
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/4 lb (600g) plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, just starting to turn golden in color, about 6 minutes. (caramelize)
- Add the tomatoes and cook over low heat until the liquid evaporates, about 40 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl until well blended. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the tomato and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, and scraping from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat as soon as the eggs begin to set, but are still moist, about 3 minutes.
- Turn out onto a serving plate. Serve immediately.