This is a Firefighter/Friday Crew approved drink.
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart light cream*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brandy
- 1.5 cups bourbon or spiced rum*
- freshly grated nutmeg
- In large bowl, beat eggs until they are a pale yellow and slightly frothy.
- Add sugar, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir until well blended.
- Add brandy and bourbon/rum (or milk, see below) and stir.
- Transfer to large pitcher and chill until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Serve with sprinkle of nutmeg.
This makes about half a gallon, give or take. If you’d rather make it without the alcohol, replace it with 2.5 cups of milk (whole or 2% works best). Either way, it won’t be healthy, but it’s good!
You can also go with a pint of heavy whipping cream and a pint of half and half if you can’t find light cream.