Cheese & Onion Pie
Might sound a bit weird, but it’s good.
- 1 cup of medium sized cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb grated swiss cheese
- 1 Tbl enriched flour
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of cayenne
- 3 well beaten eggs
- some chopped chives
- Combine cracker crumbs with a 1/4 cup of butter and press it into a 9″ pie pan.
- Cook the onions in the rest of the butter till tender, not brown and place in the crust.
- Mix the cheese with the flour, salt, and cayenne.
- Add eggs and milk.
- Pour over the onions in the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Top with chives.